ArianeGroup develops innovative solutions for civil space launchers. ArianeGroup is lead contractor and manufacturer of Europe’s Ariane 5 and 6 launcher families and other rocket-related products.
ArianeGroup is a joint venture, equally owned by Airbus and Safran and employs a staff of 9,000 people in of which the majority are based in France and Germany. ArianeGroup has a turnover of more than 3 BLN EUR. The treasury team consists of five persons, located in Munich.
Redesigning of Treasury function
When the joint venture was established, the treasury function had to be re-designed and the new-formed company had to procure its own systems. ArianeGroup issued a tender for a central TMS, including a bank independent payment platform and received responses from more than 20 suppliers. Finally, Trinity was selected to provide the TMS and the payment solution.
Functionality & scope
ArianeGroup uses the Trinity TMS in the following areas:
- Financial transactions: Loans, derivatives & FX contracts
- Liquidity planning (day to day and long term)
- A special workbench for automated target balancing was developed.
- All banks are connected via EBICS
- Outgoing payments are screened against sanction lists
- 4 different ERP systems are connected
Data security & Audit of Hosting solution
An important factor of the decision process was the data security. ArianeGroup’s IT department has successfully audited Trinity’s fully certified hosting solution.